Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Next EVENT!!!!


On the left is the photo of me crossing the finish line at the Wisconsin Half-Marathon earlier in the month. It felt great to compete in it and cross the line. After that photo I had a huge smile on my face and a sense of real accomplishment.

In addition to that E and I raised over $1100 for Salute Inc., an organization dedicated to helping our returning veterans based in the northwest suburbs of Chicago.

Well we are going to run in their 6th annual 5k/10k Run/Walk on Saturday. E and I will both do the 10k events. I am hoping to finish the 10k in less than 70 minutes. It would be another personal best at this point (only because I have hardly run it before). And then it will be used as a real stepping point to doing more in the future and getting a lot better.

Wish me luck!

No comments: